The Unite Trenchard Street project comprises the partial demolition of the former Bristol Entertainment Centre and ice rink, with redevelopment above the O2 Academy (to be retained) to provide 483 student bedrooms.
The project also involves converting the existing car park into multi-use space, an internal courtyard, an extension to the front to provide space for a café, and alterations and improvements to the existing external footpaths.
Project features include:
- A 45 metre, 2 storey high RC verendeel truss spanning over the O2 academy. The truss is supported on 4 columns and supports 5 storeys of lightweight steel construction above.
- A complicated site with a level change of 10.5m from one end to the other.
- Transfer structure at Level 00.
- The O2 Academy will remain open and operational throughout the build.BIM features include:
- Level 2 Collaboration between the architects & structures team.